Let’s get to the bottom of this, below are a list of the most popular and talked about hair loss myths. Find out if they’re fact or fiction.
1. WEARING A HAT CAUSES HAIR LOSS – FICTION
There is no chance this could ever cause hair loss!
2. OVEREXPOSURE TO THE SUN CAUSES HAIR LOSS – FICTION
Sun can damage your skin but does not interrupt hair follicle function.
3. WASHING YOUR HAIR DAILY WILL CAUSE MORE HAIR LOSS – FICTION
The cycle of hair follicles causes about 100-200 hairs to fall per day. The follicles are simply replaced by more follicles and the process starts all over again.
4. OLD AGE CAN CAUSE HAIR LOSS – FACT
As we age genetic hair loss plays more of a part. Other factors such as Alopecia Areata can also be triggered.
5. THERE IS NO CURE FOR BALDNESS – FICTION
It’s 2014, laser hair therapy is becoming one of the most talked about hair growth tools. Hair Transplants, though not as popular as they once were still play a role in covering up dormant areas of the scalp.